Cinnamon Honey Face Mask for Mud Mask Monday contains affiliate ads!
Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you’ve made it through the first day of the week without too much hassle and if you have been struggling all day, fear not: we have an awesome and relaxing mask for you to enjoy this evening as part of Mud Mask Monday! This week we wanted to do another DIY face mask. We love saving money and sharing our beauty on a budget tips so we thought “why not choose a simple but effective mask that everyone can likely make right now in their kitchen” and thus the Cinnamon Honey Face Mask was chosen! The Cinnamon Honey Face Mask is AWESOME. We love it for a couple of reason but mostly because it is so easy to make and because it leaves your skin feeling super clean and soft! The cinnamon acts as a natural exfoliator and makes your skin feel warm and clean plus you can’t beat the smell…and taste! Cinnamon Honey Face Mask will be sticky: fair warning. BUT the sticky application is so worth the results. This mask is awesome for redness, acne, and even dry skin! It was a breeze to apply even though the honey is a bit thick and removal was not nearly as messy as anticipated! Some circular rubbing motions with a warm, wet, washcloth and it was done! A final rinse removed any cinnamon residue and left our faces feeling amazingly soft…honestly…I’m sitting here rubbing my face as I try and type! Don’t forget you can check out all of our masks on the Mud Mask Monday page!
Cinnamon Honey Face Mask Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Honey
Meagen’s batch was a bit higher in cinnamon (I LOVE cinnamon everything so I might have hit that a little hard :)) than the recipe where Devyn’s was just about spot on but using cinnamon sugar instead of just cinnamon! No matter how you choose to customize this one you can’t go wrong! Don’t forget if you make a bigger batch you can always mix the leftovers into a nice warm cup of tea while you relax and let your mask set!
Cinnamon Honey Face Mask Directions:
- Combine ingredients in small bowl or cup until smooth
- Apply with fingers, foundation brush, or the back side of a spoon to desired areas on face
- Allow to sit on face for 15-30 minutes
- Remove mask with warm water and slow circular motions to exfoliate and cleanse pores!
While you sit with your mask on you might be looking for an awesome show to watch and as luck would have it you are in the right place! This week Devyn and I were discussing topics and we decided that Mud Mask Monday was the perfect place to give you our top 3 “I’m Hooked On It” shows. We are both avid Netflix fans and my cable subscription comes with an HBO Go account so we spend a fair amount of time watching previous seasons of awesome shows! We love watching shows that have TONS of episodes available. Getting sucked into a show only to find out you have to wait a week (or worse…a SEASON) for new material is dreadful! Another great thing about these kinds of shows is that you can jump around to your favorite episodes (if you’re like me and have watched every episode multiple times already). Let us know what you are watching while you let your Cinnamon Honey Face Mask set!
Devyn’s Top 3 “I’m Hooked On It” Shows
- Grey’s Anatomy (I love the drama and characters! I still watch the brand new episodes… I’ve watched the previous 10 seasons twice)
- Friday Night Lights (I’m drawn to this show because I love sports. I love any shows that have lots of relationship drama. This is also one of those shows were you can get invested in the lives of the characters)
- How I Met Your Mother (I loved the mystery of finding out who the mother was! I couldn’t stop watching! I thought the ending was perfect! I also really love it because the characters are funny & quirky. Watched the first 4 seasons twice, last 5 just once)
Meagen’s Top 3 “I’m Hooked On It” Shows
- The Office (I’ve watched it start to finish more times than I can even remember)
- Everybody Loves Raymond (My current go to show for watching and background noise…so funny and a little retro)
- VEEP / Parks & Rec (It’s a tie! I love Parks & Rec and I watch it straight through and I pick and choose my favorites but right now I’m also about 2.5 seasons into VEEP and it’s really so funny and smart)
Do you have any go to shows when you need some mindless relaxation? What do you love to watch on Netflix or On Demand? Any shows you just can’t stand to miss each week?