This DIY Blackhead Peel Off Mask post contains affiliate links! Proceed with caution. If you click through and make a purchase I stand to make at least a few cents! Likely that money will be used to buy useful things like sparkly nail polish and tutus for my dogs.
Peel off masks are amazing. Every now and then I need to do one of these to get all the gunk and other crap out of my pores. Let’s face it, on a daily basis I slather on all kinds of lotions, makeup, and other substances. My pores need a little help here and there! This has been one of the most popular DIY masks that I’ve seen floating around so I decided to share my version of it with all of you! a DIY Blackhead Peel Off Mask is great for doing your whole face or you can use it to spot treat like I have today.
DIY Blackhead Peel Off Mask
You’ll need just a few ingredients and I’ll bet, like me, you have them sitting in your house right now! This simple mask takes just a few minutes to whip up and depending on your application thickness it will take between 15 and 30 minutes to dry. I suggest you settle down in front of the TV for an episode of your favorite show while your DIY Blackhead Peel Off Mask is drying.
Ingredients Needed for DIY Blackhead Peel Off Mask:
- Activated Charcoal Caps
- White Glue
- Peppermint Oil
- Small Dish
- Small Brush for Application
- Cleaning Cloths
Directions for Making an Applying Your DIY Blackhead Peel Off Mask:
- Empty 3 charcoal caps into your dish
- Add in 1 tsp. or less of peppermint oil
- Add in 1-2 Tbsp. of white glue
- Use a spoon, Popsicle stick, or your brush to mix up the mask
- Once all ingredients are blended use brush to apply to clean, dry, skin
- Allow to fully dry
- Remove dry mask by pulling upwards from the bottom very slowly
- Wipe off any excess mask with a warm cloth after mask removal
Tips from the Pro’s…AKA I screwed this up five times before I did it right:
- Allow it to dry COMPLETELY before you try to take it off or it won’t do it’s job
- You can see from the video that I tried to stir too fast and made a mess. Use a deeper bowl and mix slowly!
- Steam your skin beforehand or do this after your shower or cleansing routine. The more open your pores are the better your results will be!
- Seal any leftovers with saran wrap so that you can pest your best friend with it when she gets home…